Something I noticed (Jaguar buttons on Apple's website)

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Well, i noticed on the QT download website there was a jaguar-esque style button which's url had an _jaq at the end (that is not a G but a Q)

can anyone find some similar images on apple's website?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    That's definitely what the buttons in Jaguar look like now... they look like glass instead of plastic. I think they look really nice.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Well a street date for Jaguar will be announced Wednesday so it is only logical they want to wet peoples appetite
  • Reply 3 of 11
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Right now I am using the extras.rsrc file from a Jag installation so I've noticed the difference the buttons make and it's amazing. Instead of looking like jelly candies the buttons look like hard candies.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Bah, I already mentioned it 2 hours before you posted in the QT thread in Software.

I'm wondering if they forgot about the scroll bars...
  • Reply 5 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by iBrowse:

<strong>Right now I am using the extras.rsrc file from a Jag installation so I've noticed the difference the buttons make and it's amazing. Instead of looking like jelly candies the buttons look like hard candies.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I am too. It's great.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by iBrowse:

<strong>Right now I am using the extras.rsrc file from a Jag installation so I've noticed the difference the buttons make and it's amazing. Instead of looking like jelly candies the buttons look like hard candies.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've got the same thing. I love it and it's like a whole new OS now.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    How's this for a "Jaguar" button?

• Reply 8 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The .Mac tab is capitalized when not selected and lower-case when selected. Careless error?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    the new 'spot' pattern for Jaguar is pretty much the ugliest, worst idea I've ever seen in my entire life.

what happened to abstraction?

Yuck.

I'd be embarassed to be buying something that looked like that.

No wonder the spotted/flowered iMacs didn't sell.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by cinder:

<strong>the new 'spot' pattern for Jaguar is pretty much the ugliest, worst idea I've ever seen in my entire life.

what happened to abstraction?

Yuck.

I'd be embarassed to be buying something that looked like that.

No wonder the spotted/flowered iMacs didn't sell.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, it is really bad.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Not that I wanted to do so to the rest of Aqua, but that fur doesn't make me want to lick the screen...