iMac inspired ASD and Cinema displays?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Any thoughts on this.

I think Apple could could do displays that would look like the new iMac.

Just weight down the base and place some USB ports on the base.

They could easily do it with a 15", 17", and maybe even a 19".

The 22" Cinema would be a bit of a challenge though.

I think it is plausible.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Cobra ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I love the fact that you can so easily adjust the iMac screen in so many ways. It would be great if they could do that with all their displays.

But how could you do it without a huge flat base, that would cancel out the size advantage of the flat screens?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    I was thinking the same thing this morning, that would be very cool.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    A friend of mine said the first thing he wanted to do when he saw the iMac was stick it to the wall and have the monitor face him.

Andrew
  • Reply 3 of 5
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Well, the display rumors say slight mods to make it reflect the current set up, so assuming new towers case I would also assume new display case.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Wouldn't an iMac sized base be enough? It could hold a few USB ports, maybe even a firewire pass through (ADC 2 ???)

Or they could use the base to house a power-brick so that, say, future ADC equipped TiBooks could plug in without having to power the screen. If you use it with a PowerBook, you plug it into the wall for power. If you just use it for a desktop display, then power over ADC as ussual.

Apple could even design it to charge your notebook through the ADC when your in dual display desktop mode.