10.2 on iMac DV 400 G4???

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
have two iMacs....mine-iMac 800 G4, kids-iMac DV 400 G3....i am running 10.1.5 on new iMac and 9.2 on old iMac....with 10.2 i was thinking of forcing the kids to use os X and make both 10.2...how will the 400 G3 run in 10.2 as compared to 9.2?? thinking of ditching os 9 altogehter, but the kids use Quark for all their school work....thanks g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    brianmacosbrianmacos Posts: 548member
    I think if you have enough memory you should be fine.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    stepsonstepson Posts: 95member
    Actually, I have that exact machine, a 400Mhz G3 iMac, Rev "C" i believe, 256mb ram, 10gig disk. Its a nice little box, fairly quiet except for the CD drive. I have a few 10.2 builds on it, and its pretty damn fast! The interface feels faster than my cube which has 1.5GB ram, a G4 450, and a much nicer video card (32meg nvidia geforce2mx). So i'd say with 10.2 you'll be ok. May want to upgrade the memory though, especially since its cheap right now, and damn easy to do.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Be carefull installing betas on your iMacs. Although 6C98 and up are very stable and run great on my test machine. On December 31 they will stop working. Of course if they are just for the kids well doesn't really matter I guess...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I am runningI the current version of OSX on that same machine and everything works great... I have a bit more ram, but it worked even before I upgraded!

hell I even run OSX on a rev a iBook
  • Reply 5 of 5
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    thanks for the replies...won't be running a beta...will update both machines when apple ships me a disc around aug 24th....g