Prints come out too small

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My face is red. My ex-wife's iMac makes a print that's too small to read. When I was asked how to make prints larger, I just couldn't recall how to do that. Resolution?

Suggestions, anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

My face is red. My ex-wife's iMac makes a print that's too small to read. When I was asked how to make prints larger, I just couldn't recall how to do that. Resolution?

Suggestions, anyone?

Do you want to get a larger font in a document?

If so what app is she using?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Do you want to get a larger font in a document?

If so what app is she using?

I think she was using Word, but I don't think that fonts were the problem. That would show up on a document she was working on.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

I think she was using Word, but I don't think that fonts were the problem. That would show up on a document she was working on.

So it's how the doc looks on the screen?

If so and she's working with Word go to 'View' on the menu bar and the very bottom choice is 'Zoom'. Click it and '200%' and things will look bigger.

Hope that helps.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

So it's how the doc looks on the screen?

If so and she's working with Word go to 'View' on the menu bar and the very bottom choice is 'Zoom'. Click it and '200%' and things will look bigger.

Hope that helps.

Will that make the prints larger?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Your ex-wife? Tell her to board the pomeranian.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Your ex-wife? Tell her to board the pomeranian.

lol

She's prolly using an A5 template and printing to A4 - just guessing ... but you could check easy enough by getting her to Print and choosing the pdf option which will preview the doc at the chosen paper size.

Don't ask ME how to change the paper size in Word tho' - wouldn't have a clue. It'll be somewhere completely obvious but infuriatingly hidden like most M$ apps.