Sorting contact names?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi folks. Is there a way to sort the contact names by the company and not the person?

I deal a lot more with companies, and who ever answers the phone, so it would be nice to sort that way.

Skip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    iferdiferd Posts: 20member
    Would it work for you to use Groups? All listings in a company would be in the group for the company, and you could look at just those by choosing the appropriate group.

Unfortunately, you can't so far create groups or add entries to them on the phone itself. That has to be done on the desktop.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iFerd View Post

Would it work for you to use Groups? All listings in a company would be in the group for the company, and you could look at just those by choosing the appropriate group.

Unfortunately, you can't so far create groups or add entries to them on the phone itself. That has to be done on the desktop.

It might work, but I should clear this up a bit.

I deal more with companies, but not several people within a company. So I'd like to be able to look up a company by their name. No need for groups, as it's just one person within the company.

So pretty much JUST like it is now for sorting by person, only by company name.

I guess I could insert the company name for the persons first name, but then, I couldn't look up by person, when I need to.

Skip
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I'm still not sure what you're trying to do because my iPhone seems to do what you describe you want. Any place that I have a company name, the contact shows up by company name in its proper alphabetic place. For some of those companies, I also have a first/last name contact, but it displays by Company only.

What address book application are you using?