Has anyone developed a Text Message and/or Email Privacy Program

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have checked and could not find an app that would prevent the text messages from popping up. I have set the setting on the phone but was wondering if there was something else that could be done without jailbreaking the phone? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Airplane mode.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Airplane mode.

That would prevent all messages and phone calls from coming in. Not what he's asking.

Go into Settings>General>Passcode Lock> now enter a passcode. After you enter a passcode you'll have the option to turn off SMS Preview
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I have tried that. On my phone it still shows the name of the caller and that I have received a text. On my old treo I could the text message to show only that I had received a message or not show anything at all. Let me know if their is a setting that I am missing which certainly be the case.

I was hoping there was a third party app that would allow me to control how I want my text messages displayed. Thanks.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rcoxjd1 View Post

I have tried that. On my phone it still shows the name of the caller and that I have received a text. On my old treo I could the text message to show only that I had received a message or not show anything at all. Let me know if their is a setting that I am missing which certainly be the case.

I was hoping there was a third party app that would allow me to control how I want my text messages displayed. Thanks.

Why is this so important?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Just change her name in your phonebook to "Dave".
  • Reply 6 of 6
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Just change her name in your phonebook to "Dave".

So his wife thinks he is gay when "Dave" sends him erotic text messages?