Managing Song Information within Itunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello, I'm working on organizing my itunes library. Is there a way to highlight a group of songs or select them and enter their Genre just one time so that they all match, rather then having to go through each song one at a time?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Yes, just do as you said. Highlight the desired songs in your Library, then right-click, Get Info. Enter the Genre and it will be set for all.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Yes, just do as you said. Highlight the desired songs in your Library, then right-click, Get Info. Enter the Genre and it will be set for all.

Ok, I know this probably sounds rediculous to you, but I can't figure out how to highlight just a few songs, when I left click over a song and try and drag down to highlight a group of songs all it does is take the specific song I'm over and drag it down.... Thanks for the elemetary help.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiddengem View Post

Ok, I know this probably sounds rediculous to you, but I can't figure out how to highlight just a few songs, when I left click over a song and try and drag down to highlight a group of songs all it does is take the specific song I'm over and drag it down.... Thanks for the elemetary help.

it sucks but you have to do it one at a time
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djstevewright View Post

it sucks but you have to do it one at a time

Keep talking out of your ass.

Click the first song. Hold down shift and click the last song. They are all highlighted. Cmd-I (info). It will ask you if you want to change multiple items, and you say yes. Pick your genre.

If you want to choose multiple items that are not sequential, you can use Cmd-Click instead to add each song to the selection.

This is how Mac OS works, at it's most basic level. Even Windows works like this, except you ctrl-click instead of cmd-click. You need to brush up on your basic computing skills.