Much Needed iPhone Upgrade

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hello. I got an iPhone 3G about a month ago, and after about a month of playing around with it, I have come up with some ideas of what Apple should up on the iPhone in a future software update.

1.) Tool Box

Apple should create an icon on the home screen called "Tool Box" that will store the Calculator application, a tip calculator, a voice recorder, stop watch, etc. Almost every basic phone has an area like this, and I am puzzled by the fact the iPhone, being as top of the line as it is does not have something like this. We should not have to rely on Apps from the Appstore to get these basic features on a cell phone.

2.) Home Screen Naming

There should be a way to name each home screen on the iPhone. A screen could be labeled, "Games" or "Utilities"...something like that to make Application organization better.

3.) Video Camera and Camera Options

We all know that the iPhone does not have a video camera, and there are no camera options such as zoom or coloring. Once again, I am puzzled that considering the iPhone is so far ahead compared to other cell phones, that these BASIC camera phone features are missing! How can I have a Koi Pond on my cell phone, and not a zoom option for the camera?

4.) Battery % Indication

I left Verizon's network and a Blackberry smartphone to get the iPhone. On the Blackberry, I used the Battery % indication countless times. Why can't the iPhone show us how much percentage of battery life we have left on our phones?

5.) Landscape Mode for Texting and e-mail

I would text much more efficiently if I was able to tilt the phone into landscape mode while sending an SMS message. I find myself typing flawlessly when inputing a web address in Safari, and I wish there was a way to have a landscape key board when texting on the iPhone. Its such a thoughtless improvement that Apple could easily make.

I hope we one day see these ideas come to life. iPhone is such a remarkable product, but there really is so much more room for improvement, without buying a new handset! Please comment if you agree, or disagree, or share the ideas that YOU have.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aaronsark18

1.) Tool Box

Apple should create an icon on the home screen called "Tool Box" that will store the Calculator application, a tip calculator, a voice recorder, stop watch, etc. Almost every basic phone has an area like this, and I am puzzled by the fact the iPhone, being as top of the line as it is does not have something like this. We should not have to rely on Apps from the Appstore to get these basic features on a cell phone.

2.) Home Screen Naming

There should be a way to name each home screen on the iPhone. A screen could be labeled, "Games" or "Utilities"...something like that to make Application organization better.

They are two things that won't happen. And probably shouldn't.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aaronsark18 View Post

5.) Landscape Mode for Texting and e-mail

I would text much more efficiently if I was able to tilt the phone into landscape mode while sending an SMS message. I find myself typing flawlessly when inputing a web address in Safari, and I wish there was a way to have a landscape key board when texting on the iPhone. Its such a thoughtless improvement that Apple could easily make.

You'll get used to typing in portrait mode. You soon won't notice the difference.