Viewing contents of the other partition

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have been using PCs since the first one but decided to try an iMac. Everything is fine Windows partition and all except one thing. I can view and open the Windows hard disk data files in Finder when running the Mac system but evidence of Macintosh HD is nowhere to be found in the Explorer when the Windows system is up and running.

Do you have any words of wisdom on this issue? Thanks for your help.

Don

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Windows can't read the HFS+ partition that MacOS X uses, without purchasing a third party addon such as MacDrive.

If you're running Windows in a virtualization layer such as Parallels, you can ask the VM to map whatever subset of your Mac space you wish (entire drives, down to specific folders) with the Windows side of things, and it will do the mapping for you.

Having seen one laptop have massive continued disk corruption from MacDrive + Windows hibernate + put MacOS X to sleep, I'd suggest letting the VM handle it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks for your help. I'll just transfer files via my external drive when and if I need to. I can see that drive on both partitions.