Apple Store Real Estate

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hello - I am working for a commercial real estate broker in downtown chicago and am doing some research on the area. Could you tell me whether Apple owns the building the Michigan Ave. store is in? Also, who is the real estate company who represents Apple on their Chicago-land properties? Is it an internal department or is this outsourced to another company?

Any insight you have would be helpful!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mschul10 View Post

Hello - I am working for a commercial real estate broker in downtown chicago and am doing some research on the area. Could you tell me whether Apple owns the building the Michigan Ave. store is in? Also, who is the real estate company who represents Apple on their Chicago-land properties? Is it an internal department or is this outsourced to another company?

Any insight you have would be helpful!

get a tax map from city hall to find out who owns the property. Other than that, I don't know.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    My understanding is that they do own it. If you're being paid to do this job you may want to go about in a more professional manner. I don't think your boss would like you say, "Well according to some anonymous people on an internet forum ...."
  • Reply 3 of 3
    In the world of the secrets of Apple retail even releasing a single number is significant. An average square foot of an Apple Store location is worth almost as much as the White House value.That square feet is what a lot of people in real estate that apparently have too much time on their hands have managed to calculate.