I think this is a new one...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just downloaded iTunes 8.0 and everything is cool until I start searching through some of my library. I wanted to see how this new iTunes organized my podcasts, but when i went to the podcasts tab its empty. There is not a single file, title, artist, subscription, or anything in the podcast section. Instead, I now have a playlist labeled podcasts that has everything in it.

How do I get my playlist filled with all my podcasts to become my subscribed podcasts?

has anyone else had problems when they downloaded iTunes scrambling their library, or am I on this boat by myself?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,491member
    My upgrade went fine, "this" is why you backup before updating software. Always!!

Check Apple's support discussions.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    i have everything on an external hd and didn't 'lose' any files. they ae all there but just not in any way thats useful.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,491member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yoderdude View Post

i have everything on an external hd and didn't 'lose' any files. they ae all there but just not in any way thats useful.

Do you use Time Machine? You should, it really is great for these types of situations. You locate the .plist file, attach your TM drive, and enter time machine, go back and restore from older versions of that file and things are fixed.