IPhone to BMW Aux audio

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi All,

I cannot get my Iphone to work through the USB auxillary connector on my BMW (factory Fit). My wife's ipod works fine though. Is this a known issue due to the way the Iphone operates etc.

Any ideas how I can get it to work or is it a simple case of buying an ipod as well.

Thanks for responses in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nomad129 View Post

Hi All,

I cannot get my Iphone to work through the USB auxillary connector on my BMW (factory Fit). My wife's ipod works fine though. Is this a known issue due to the way the Iphone operates etc.

Any ideas how I can get it to work or is it a simple case of buying an ipod as well.

Thanks for responses in advance.

Made for iPod is not made for iPhone, though when I plug when iPhone into my friends made for "iPod" car stereo I get a warning telling me the stereo isn't designed for iPhone, and do I want to turn on Airplane mode, whether I choose yes or no the iPhone works. You choose a playlist before plugging the iPhone, I don't see why it won't work.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Made for iPod is not made for iPhone, though when I plug when iPhone into my friends made for "iPod" car stereo I get a warning telling me the stereo isn't designed for iPhone, and do I want to turn on Airplane mode, whether I choose yes or no the iPhone works. You choose a playlist before plugging the iPhone, I don't see why it won't work.

Thanks, I have tried that but the BMW just doesn't acknowledge it, The music plays from the Iphone itself is there asetting on the iphone i can't find it though if there is.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nomad129 View Post

Thanks, I have tried that but the BMW just doesn't acknowledge it, The music plays from the Iphone itself is there asetting on the iphone i can't find it though if there is.

There is no setting on the phone, in theory it should just work (if your stereo is Made for iPod), you should call Apple to get more clarity for your particular situation.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    doesn't work on my BMW either.