Old Wall Chargers not working with 2nd gen iPod Touch?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello everyone,

I just got my 2nd gen iPod Touch yesterday. I was very dissapointed to find that when I plugged it into either of my wall chargers I received a message stating:

"Charging is not support with this accessory"

One of my wall chargers is from my first iPod (3rd generation) and the other is a 3rd party charger from Monoprice.

My girlfriend has the 1st gen touch and previously I had a 5th gen iPod and both used the chargers without any issues.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mahoneedr View Post

Hello everyone,

I just got my 2nd gen iPod Touch yesterday. I was very dissapointed to find that when I plugged it into either of my wall chargers I received a message stating:

"Charging is not support with this accessory"

One of my wall chargers is from my first iPod (3rd generation) and the other is a 3rd party charger from Monoprice.

My girlfriend has the 1st gen touch and previously I had a 5th gen iPod and both used the chargers without any issues.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Maybe your old charger uses the same pins as the Firewire chargers, which are no longer supported.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I had an ipod shuffle charger for the wal. What I did is that I removed the headphone jack usb cable and put the normal ipod usb cable and conected to the wall plug. It works.