Can't Delete second Parition in Macbook

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi, I'm really new to Mac and the OS X software as I've been using Microsoft my whole life but got fed up with the constant instability of Windows XP and Vista but in some cases I needed to open .exe files so I recently tried installing Windows XP onto my mac book with Boot Camp and I accidentally chose the NTFS file instead so I could not use the Dual boot setup. I reformatted my mac book afterward with the disks that came with the mac book however I had to choose one among the two partitions. When I finished setting up, I tried using boot camp to delete the other partition but an error message came up: "The setup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended "Journaled" volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows." So I reformatted the second partition into OS X as well and the same message shows up. I just want to change it back into one partition instead of two. Can anyone help? Please and thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    You could have used disk utility during setup to make it one partition again.

Otherwise you're left with software to be found on MacUpdate.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I have the same problem. I have a 30gb partition that I used for Vista under MSDNA, now that I switched majors Vista no longer runs and I have 30gb of wasted space.

How do I use disk utility to get my 30gb back?

Free programs that actually work?