Macworld 09

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
1. Are you going to Macworld 09

2. What do you WANT Apple to introduce.

3. What do you actually THINK Apple will introduce.

4. Any other comments

I am going. I want Apple to introduce some sort of web table. Not too small, with a headphone jack, long battery life, usb ports, bluetooth keyboard enabled, possibly with a stand. I have no idea what Apple will actually introduce.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    With new Macbooks and Macbook Pros soon (probably), and new Mac Pros before the end of the year (possibly), I expect at Macworld we'll see a slight update to the iMac and the introduction of something new. No idea what.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    when and where is Macworld 09 gonna be held ?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    1 - Wish I could

2 - iMac Touch

3 - iMac Touch or something like it (Touch Tablet?)

4 - Global iTunes Store w/ globally available itunes gift cards - really, Jobs is leaving a lot of money on the table here. the iTunes would be even more of a behemoth if they'd just go and stop limiting sales to your local Apple store (which doesn't exist where I live). I'm sure a lot of local indie bands across the world will love him for it.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    I suppose Tablet and Mac Pro are the ones to be mentioned most in this post.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oneoftheothers View Post

1. Are you going to Macworld 09

2. What do you WANT Apple to introduce.

3. What do you actually THINK Apple will introduce.

4. Any other comments

I am going. I want Apple to introduce some sort of web table. Not too small, with a headphone jack, long battery life, usb ports, bluetooth keyboard enabled, possibly with a stand. I have no idea what Apple will actually introduce.

1. No

2. xMac

3. I haven't a clue, but hope it's great.

4. Seems like every year it gets earlier and earlier for threads like this. Or my memory is failing.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    32GB iPhone.

New MacBook and MacBook Pros.

And possibly new Cinema Displays.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    iLife
    • iMovie - Chapter markers.

• iPhoto - Backup utility that can select by film rolls, events. keywords, etc. The backups can either be an iPhoto backup, or a raw backup. An iPhoto backup would basically be creating a new iPhoto library of the selected photos so all the meta data (i.e. comments, keywords, etc.) are intact. A raw backup would just backup the images in a folder with the named after the event or film roll.

• iWeb - Create/save templates, support projects (i.e. multiple web sites), project setting to indicate whether it is for MobileMe or a personal web site which could have sub domains.

iWork
    1. Numbers - database module/mode so AppleWorks databases can be moved into iWork so AppleWorks can be retired.

Mac mini - It doesn't have to be a powerhouse, but it does need to be updated.

xMac - It would be a nice way to start the year off, but if Apple did release this then I do not see it happening until after OS X Snow Leopard comes pre-installed on the Mac. For consumers it doesn't matter, but for businesses it does because they do not want to buy a new computer and a few months later have to upgrade to a new OS to get all its advantages.