Would you buy an iPhone in my situation?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I’ve been a Mac user all my life and have been going back and forth on buying an iPhone for a while now. My choices are: keep my unlocked GSM mobile phone and buy a new 32GB iPod touch, or buy a 16GB iPhone 3G.

I really love the functionality of the iPhone and am intrigued by being able to have your music, videos and access to GPS and the Internet all in one device.

One major thing that has held me back from buying one is the fact that it’s locked to AT&T. I might be living in Europe for three months this summer and would probably have to cancel my contract or put it on hold because I really don’t want to risk unlocking it and not being able to install updates. The separate phone/touch would be ideal in this situation, but I’m not sure yet when I’m going, and I feel the touch would be a huge iPhone tease.

I’m also not sure if the extra $30 a month for the data plan is worth it and if I’ll actually like having my phone and iPod all in one device.

Any suggestions on what I should do and what anyone’s experiences have been?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    robb01robb01 Posts: 148member
    I would, but then again it's one of the few phone that I have really enjoyed using.

• Reply 2 of 4
    I agree with the other iPhone user. I'm a student in college. My budget is too high, but at UC Berkeley it's pretty good. I use my iPhone all the time. I must say it's worth every penny.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    just get the iPhone it's worth it
  • Reply 4 of 4
    iPhone is the coollest