Issues setting up a network between Leopard and Vista

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello!

I'm having a lot of problems with setting up a network at the studio and we really need to have it up and working as soon as possible, i hope someone can give us a hand.

I've googled a lot and most of what i found starts asuming the network is already set up, and the problem is on file sharing. I cannot even see any of the computers on the network, at any given moment.

There are 3 computers plugged in to a TRENDnet-431BRP router, a pc with vista ultimate, a laptop with vista home, and then a macpro with leopard. Vista computers have no problem finding each other and setting up a network, and the same happens if i plug a macbook or something to the router with the macpro. But i cant get vista and mac osx to see each other. I have macdrive installed, so i shouldnt have problems seeing the data on the mac hdds.

All computers are connected to the internet through the router, and it has given each one of those 192.168.0.etc ips.

Ive tried setting the workgroups to all the same names through the WINS tab, and there is still no trouble.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!