To buy or not to buy?

in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Right, after waiting a few weeks for yesterdays announcements (in the hope of a mac mini update), i'm now stuck with one of the following options; buy one of the current mac minis in the hope they don't come out with an update next few weeks / months, keep my current iMac G5 1.8 for even longer or build a half decent PC and use that until i can afford a Mac Pro.

Question is, what should i do? I know it's down to personal preference and what's right for me might not be right for you but i'd like some other peoples opinions.

I build websites for a living and i'm finding the iMac struggling more and more lately. I use the following aps daily and usually all at once;



Cisco VPN





Multiple Terminals

I've upped the memory from 768mb to 1.5gb and it is quicker, it's just still a bit slow and don't even mention sites with flash, visit youtube with that lot open and it just crawls.

Another iMac isn't an option because i really want to be able to run whichever monitor i like and seeing as the Mac Mini is also getting on a bit i think my main choices are wait until it's updated and keep the iMac or just build a pc for the time being.

So come on what would you guys do?
Sign In or Register to comment.