New Purchase Advice

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am looking for a new laptop, always had a pc but have decided to go with a mac. I assume I was not alone and waited for the new line to be announced yesterday and was a bit taken back by the new price of the macbook.

I had landed on the macbook due to the cost as the pro and my need. My question is the new macbook I was considering is the 1599 as this would have been comparable to the mid-range white macbook. When I went to the store tonight (they were not out but could be purchased) I started looking at the macbook pro 15' (old version) and speaking to the rep he told me apple was selling refurbed macbook pro 2.5 ghz with a 250GB hard drive, 2mb and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB of GDDR3 memory card for 1499.00. Now I have no issue with the refurb so what he stated the old macbook pro is a much better machine than the new macbook for 1599 and of course it has firewire that I need.

Please let me know your thoughts and appreciate the advise?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheehank View Post

I am looking for a new laptop, always had a pc but have decided to go with a mac. I assume I was not alone and waited for the new line to be announced yesterday and was a bit taken back by the new price of the macbook.

I had landed on the macbook due to the cost as the pro and my need. My question is the new macbook I was considering is the 1599 as this would have been comparable to the mid-range white macbook. When I went to the store tonight (they were not out but could be purchased) I started looking at the macbook pro 15' (old version) and speaking to the rep he told me apple was selling refurbed macbook pro 2.5 ghz with a 250GB hard drive, 2mb and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB of GDDR3 memory card for 1499.00. Now I have no issue with the refurb so what he stated the old macbook pro is a much better machine than the new macbook for 1599 and of course it has firewire that I need.

Please let me know your thoughts and appreciate the advise?

If you need firewire a refurbed MBP is a great choice at that price.

The refurbed MBs are even a little cheaper and have a FW400 port.