MacBook or MacBook Pro? Which one?!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

Now that the updates are here its time for me to ditch my PC tower and buy my very first notebook. Here's the thing.... I built my PC 6 years ago and I've only just got to a point where I find that its not good enough to keep up with my activities (I spent a bucket load so the specs were top notch at the time).

Now, I'm essentially replacing my PC with a notebook. Here in the UK, the difference between the high-end MacBook and the low-end MacBook Pro is £200, add applecare and youre pushing for a £300 difference.

The MacBook seems to have everything I need, at the most, I'll push it when producing some music but nothing on a huge scale. No video editing or any of that good stuff. So.... the only question I have for the more experienced mac users is whether its really worth saving £250-£300 and NOT getting a MBP?? I'm assuming the MBP has better speakers but then everybody would use external speakers anyway right? The only other big influence I can think of is the screen size, considering I've always used my 17" LCD monitor, I'm not used to smaller sized screens and not sure how significant the difference between the two notebook screens are because yeah, its only 2 inches but in a practical sense, when looking at it with the naked eye, is the difference more noticable or not??

What do you advise I do? MB or MBP??

Thanks in advance.