10.1.x support

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Do you think Apple will continue 10.1.x bug and security fixes for a while?

If not, no upgrade price is too bad.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    I wouldn't count on it. I'd prefer that they focus on the current and future versions of the OS myself.

The security updates don't really matter to the majority of users anyway.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    More bug fixes? No

Security fixes? Yes

Security updates have never required a specific version of OS X to install. I remember I downloaded the latest one for my aunt while she was running 10.1.3 on here iMac. Infact, I couldn't upgrade to 10.1.5 until I installed that patch.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tad44tad44 Posts: 13member
    # Reply to rouge

How about OS X server?

No bug fixes or security fixes unless you pay $1000 or $500?

And even M$ provides security fixes for old releases.

[ 08-18-2002: Message edited by: tad44 ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 5
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Originally posted by tad44:

[quote]Do you think Apple will continue 10.1.x bug and security fixes for a while?

If not, no upgrade price is too bad.<hr></blockquote>

Well, Apple has never provided any updates to either the 7/8/9-versions nor the 10.0.x version after they were supplanted with newer versions. So, I have some doubt about support for 10.1.x
  • Reply 5 of 5
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    Well, if you are running a server, then you are in that minority that really does need the security updates.

Hmm... and if you're running a server, upgrading to Jaguar is something you don't want to just jump into, especially since it will break things like MySQL... but then again, OS X Server has that as part of it, so it probably only breaks it if you added it yourself...

Well, they just did a security update, so I suppose they could release another one if a flaw was found. I don't know. I could see them continuing to release updates for X.1 Server for a little while... maybe... but I know they hope people will upgrade to Jaguar. I wouldn't expect them for too long, if at all.