Software update not working, printer causing crashes, and more

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Wow, this is my second time writing for help in a month.

This iMac of mine is really starting to annoy me...

Anyway, I have a iMac I bought new back in May. I recently replaced the hard drive after it went bad. Now my software update is not working. Whenever I run it it says there are no new downloads. I know this is wrong. I am currently running OS X 10.5.2, but I know 10.5.5 is available.

Also I saw that Safari has an update. I have 3.0.4, but I see that 3.1.2 is now available. I downloaded the update manually, but it wont install! It says I need OS X 10.5.2 which I already have.

I also have a printer I was using fine before, but now crashes whatever program I try to print anything with. The printer is an HP 952c Deskjet(Old I know).

I didn't have these problems until I replaced my hard drive. But as far as I can tell everything was transfered over correctly. All my files and settings are still the same. I will probably call the store that did the replacement tomorrow, but in the mean time any help would be appreciated.

Lastly, I checked and repaired my permissions, but to no avail.

Having been a long time Apple user I am really starting to regret buying this iMac...

Comments