What about "Mac OS Up-To-Date" 10.2 orders?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I ordered my iBook on 7/26 and it arrived with 10.1.4 (no 10.2 updater). I ordered the 10.2 update through the up-to-date program on 7/28.

I see in the other, related thread that people are getting emails about their 10.2 pre-orders, but no one has mentioned up-to-date orders.

Anybody?

[ 08-19-2002: Message edited by: spotbug ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    macgpmacgp Posts: 88member
    I got an email from apple saying it would be at my house August 24, and they would start shipping it soon. Even though, it is not under 'Shipping' or 'Being Prepped' on their website
  • Reply 2 of 26
    spotbugspotbug Posts: 361member
    And you're talking about the $20 up-to-date version, right?
  • Reply 3 of 26
    I ordered my copy on the 14th, and currently its listed as partially shipped. I read on MacRumors that this means that my copy has been packaged and addressed to me and is currently sitting on some apple production facility loading dock waiting for fedex to come pick it up. It makes sense if you think about it. Oh and I also recieved an email saying that I should recieve it by the 24th.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    Ok, it looks like a didn't make myself clear enough. I'm talking about the $20, up-to-date version here, people, not just any version of 10.2. You can't have ordered 10.2 through the up-to-date program on the 14th. That offer wasn't available until at least the 17th.

Yes, the two version could be the same, but I'm wanting to know if anybody that ordered through the Mac OS up-to-date program (the $20 deal) has gotten any indications from Apple that their order has shipped or is about to ship.

I ordered via the up-to-date deal ($20) on 7/28 and haven't heard anything.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    spotbug, FWIW, I ordered 10.1 through up-to-date for a computer I bought just before the release last fall. I thought Apple would take their own sweet time sending it out, but I had it in a week.

You won't hear anything; it's not like ordering through the store where you get confirmations and can check status. They just dump it in the mail.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by BrunoBruin:

<strong>You won't hear anything; it's not like ordering through the store where you get confirmations and can check status. They just dump it in the mail.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Erm... except I did order through the store. Have a look:

In case anybody's interested, I filled out the form on <a href="http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?partNumber=M8717LL/A"; target="_blank">this</a> page to take advantage of the up-to-date offer.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    Ah, I thought you sent in in the coupon! When I did mine last year I thought "I can't believe Apple doesn't let you do this online!"
  • Reply 8 of 26
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    That's weird how yours says "Standard" for requested carrier. I selected the free shipping option, but mine says "Airborne". Maybe that's so I can definitely get it by Saturday! (I did preorder on 7/18)
  • Reply 9 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by agent302:

<strong>That's weird how yours says "Standard" for requested carrier. I selected the free shipping option, but mine says "Airborne". Maybe that's so I can definitely get it by Saturday! (I did preorder on 7/18)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow, that is weird. It's the same exact item?
  • Reply 10 of 26
    Well, mine is a full copy. So they might be trying to get those out the door before the Up-to-Date orders. Which sucks for you, I'm sad to say.
  • Reply 11 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by agent302:

<strong>Well, mine is a full copy. So they might be trying to get those out the door before the Up-to-Date orders. Which sucks for you, I'm sad to say.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, this is the whole point of this thread. I'm trying to determine if "Mac OS Up-to-Date" pre-orders are being handled differently than "regular" pre-orders.

Has anybody that ordered Jaguar through the "Mac OS Up-To-Date" program gotten any emails or other confirmation that their copy will be arriving by Saturday (as it seems the "regular" pre-orders will be)?

I can't be the only person on these forums that ordered Jaguar through the up-to-date program. Can I?
  • Reply 12 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by spotbug:

<strong>

Yes, this is the whole point of this thread. I'm trying to determine if "Mac OS Up-to-Date" pre-orders are being handled differently than "regular" pre-orders.

Has anybody that ordered Jaguar through the "Mac OS Up-To-Date" program gotten any emails or other confirmation that their copy will be arriving by Saturday (as it seems the "regular" pre-orders will be)?

I can't be the only person on these forums that ordered Jaguar through the up-to-date program. Can I?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I did my "Up-to-date" order earlier this month and haven't heard anything as well.

oh and mine also says "Standard" for shipping

Looks like apple has put a rush on the Full Price Payors... which is fine with me, I'll get it eventually. Shoot I'm lovin' 10.1.5, so Jag will be a major bonus.

• Reply 13 of 26
    *bump*

And, just to put this to rest...

Would the first person meeting these two criteria please add a reply to this thread:

1. Ordered Jaguar through the Mac OS Up-To-Date program ($19.95, not including shipping and tax).

2. Order Status indicates that the order has shipped or there's some other indication that the order has shipped (like the package arrived ). "Being Assembled" is not shipped, by the way.

Myself and at least one other individual I am aware of would like to know what the deal with the Up-To-Date orders is.

Thanks mucho!!

Oh... I'm not asking that you don't reply for any other reason that you might care to, I'm just asking that if you do meet the above criteria, please do post.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    blizaineblizaine Posts: 239member
    Spotbug,

I place my "Up-to-date" order on Aug 16, and I was just notified by Apple that it shipped today.

woohoo
  • Reply 15 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by Blizaine:

<strong>Spotbug,

I place my "Up-to-date" order on Aug 16, and I was just notified by Apple that it shipped today.

woohoo </strong><hr></blockquote>

Alright!

It's nice to know they're shipping "Up-To-Date" orders. Now if they would just ship mine (ordered 7/28).
  • Reply 16 of 26
    AAAH!!! SHIPPED!! :eek:

No email, but I just checked the Order Status page for the millionth time. Imagine my surprise... Shipped and, not only that, upgraded to Fed Ex Priority Overnight. Looks like I'll have it tomorrow!

[ 08-23-2002: Message edited by: spotbug ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 26
    Ordered my 'up to date' OSX 10.2 on 8/14.

Got email tonight that it had shipped.

They also upgraded from free shipping to FedEx (assuming the 2-day version).

Which I would imagine means it ain't gettin' here before Saturday...
  • Reply 18 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by scottn:

<strong>Ordered my 'up to date' OSX 10.2 on 8/14.

Got email tonight that it had shipped.

They also upgraded from free shipping to FedEx (assuming the 2-day version).

Which I would imagine means it ain't gettin' here before Saturday...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, looks like Apple's on it big time. I just happened to check the tracking info and they upgraded me to 'Priority Overnight".

The shipping's about as much as what I paid for the software.

Since I am a 'switcher' - only a week or so ago, I have to say so far so good!!! Not to mention OSX is sweet stuff. Hopefully 10.2 is all it's cracked up to be.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    blizaineblizaine Posts: 239member
    Same here. It says "Priority Overnight". It's already in Indy! :eek: I should have it today.

Nice job Apple!

UPDATE: my wife received the update at 8:23am this morning. - Very impressive Apple.

[ 08-23-2002: Message edited by: Blizaine ]</p>
  • Reply 20 of 26
    can someone post a link to the up-to-date order form? cuz i can't find the link anymore on apple.com. thanks.