iTunes album art is where???

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
g'day!

i'm wondering where iTunes stores all the album art work it DL's?

i know it doesn't write them to the id tags (which is rucking fetarded) and i would like to back up that folder.

also, is there any 3rd party software that can automatically extract the album art work and write it to my mp3 id tags?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by liquidmonkey View Post

g'day!

i'm wondering where iTunes stores all the album art work it DL's?

i know it doesn't write them to the id tags (which is rucking fetarded) and i would like to back up that folder.

also, is there any 3rd party software that can automatically extract the album art work and write it to my mp3 id tags?

thanks in advance!

Uhh...as far as I know it -does- write it to the ID3 tags.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    as far i've been told in a few forums, the iTunes album artwork is NOT put into the ID tags.

unless that has changed in iTunes 8.0.1 which i just upgraded to.

i found the folder as well, for a PC it is here in case anyone wants to back it up...

C\Documents and Settings\\YOUR USER NAME\\My Documents\\My Music\\iTunes

and yeah the album artwork is ALL OVER THE PLACE in the weird folder structure. there are literally thousands of folders!!! each file is a --- .itc --- file which is only readable by itunes.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by liquidmonkey View Post

as far i've been told in a few forums, the iTunes album artwork is NOT put into the ID tags.

unless that has changed in iTunes 8.0.1 which i just upgraded to.

i found the folder as well, for a PC it is here in case anyone wants to back it up...

C\Documents and Settings\\YOUR USER NAME\\My Documents\\My Music\\iTunes

and yeah the album artwork is ALL OVER THE PLACE in the weird folder structure. there are literally thousands of folders!!! each file is a --- .itc --- file which is only readable by itunes.

Odd, well glad you found it. Double checked on my Mac and the album artwork is definitely embedded in the ID3 tags.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bazokajoe_2k View Post

Odd, well glad you found it. Double checked on my Mac and the album artwork is definitely embedded in the ID3 tags.

is that just a mac thing or is it like that in PC too?

how could i check?