Desk setup

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a white Macbook, I need the portability but I find the screen position uncomfortable to use for long periods of time at my desk. What do you think I should do, buy a screen, buy a desktop and sync it some how (mac or otherwise) or some other option I haven't thought of. I assume buying just a screen is going to be cheaper so is there any reason why you would buy a desktop over just a screen?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lifesavernick View Post

I have a white Macbook, I need the portability but I find the screen position uncomfortable to use for long periods of time at my desk. What do you think I should do, buy a screen, buy a desktop and sync it some how (mac or otherwise) or some other option I haven't thought of. I assume buying just a screen is going to be cheaper so is there any reason why you would buy a desktop over just a screen?

You could try a notebook riser, like the iCurve, along with a Bluetooth keyboard & mouse to reposition the notebook's screen higher on your desk.

As for the desktop vs. screen part, that's a whole discussion unto itself. In general, desktops are more expandable. FWIW, the white'book only supports Apple's 20- and 23-inch displays, whereas the Mac Pro tower can drive the mondo 30-inch. Hope this helps
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Looking at the prices of the Apple displays I was probably going to go with another company, my argument being that I could probably buy a average dell for the same price as one of the Apple displays, which is where the question of if I should just buy a desktop came from...being a uni student a Mac Pro would probably mean I would have to live off bread and jam for the next 12 months

Looks like I need to do a bit more research, thanks for the insight.