IM in 10.2

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
So I got the 10.2 update with my new 17 inch imac the other day, and I've been running into some issues with using various chat clients.

AIM works for the most part but will randomly crash and everytime I set an away message it just quits.

iChat works ok, but is lacking alot of feaures such as profile setting and buddy groups.

Adium works for the most part but says I am idle all the time and will randomly send multiple messages to the same person when I can only see them being sent once.

Anyone have any suggestions on what AIM client t use in 10.2?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Did you download the latest update to AIM? It has a few Jag fixes in it.

J :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 6
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    According to my information, 'buddy groups' are now handled as part of the groups in your Address Book app, rather than in iChat itself. I'll double-check this when I get Jaguar installed on my own machine Friday.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    No, there is no way to group buddies. At all. Believe me, I've tried *everything*.

iChat ignores Address Book's group settings.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Personally, I'm sticking with Proteus and Adium, and maybe iChat for file transfers.

Apple has to go and make its own, awesome chat client and then forgets the biggest feature of them all: one windowed messaging. Tabs! :: dies ::

• Reply 5 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Spart:

<strong>Personally, I'm sticking with Proteus and Adium, and maybe iChat for file transfers.

Apple has to go and make its own, awesome chat client and then forgets the biggest feature of them all: one windowed messaging. Tabs! :: dies ::

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think the biggest thing they forgot was different categories. I can't stand having all of my buddies in one list.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    anyone find a list of keyboard shortcuts for Jaguar. Some changed like cmd-opt-A is now cmd-shift-A to open Applications Folder