Youngest MacBook Air owner ?.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Today I bought my 3 year old daughter a MacBook Air to replace her iBook 12 inch. Could this be the youngest MBA owner in the world ?. She knows how to use it and watches Tomb Raider clips in You Tube, Pocoya clips and surf the hasboro.com website doing all those kiddie things for hours and hours.

At such a young age, she prefers the Internet to TV unlike her older sister!. Of course watch her daddy lugging the PB and MBP around the house most of the time has its influences.

Will post some Youtube clips of her and her MBA over the weekend. I got to do those Software Update stuff while she sleeps ... (Xmas comes early in our household).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    WOW that is young, but kids are surprisingly able to use computers. My friend's 5 year old has an EXCELLENT grasp of iPhoto, and the other day advised that I use Firefox instead of Safari!!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Mine uses Firefox for sure as Safari does not render text as dark for some reason. Flash works better in Firefox than Safari.

I think my little "tomb raider" baby will do Objective C and Java when she is five...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    when you are 3 years old you need hours and hours in the net, thats very very good!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Surely a plastic MacBook at half the price would have been a better option for someone of that age. But all credit to you for introducing OS X so soon. I'm sure it'll put your daughter ahead of the curve.

mrtotes
  • Reply 5 of 6
    3 years old macbook air owner? that's really the youngest own. So she know how to play it?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Yeah, they're pretty good. My eldest would futz about making pictures and playing with colours and shapes using Showcase on my old SGI Indigo2 when she was two and half or so.

She's also looked like a little version of the girl from Jurassic Park for a bit - at four, playing tank games on a big SGI Onyx RealityEngine.

She's eight now, and has my old G5 iMac in her room, which she mainly uses for Google SketchUp, making homes and palaces for her dolls/subjects.