A tough decision to make: iPhone or iPod touch

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So, my iPod touch is totally screwed up. Exactly 4 days out of warranty.

I'm a music freak. I love music. I play music, and I listen to music. I live it. I breathe music... I can't live without it. Drives me nuts without it.

So, what am I to do? I have a little iPod to keep me sane, but it's a backup. I'm gonna need a new iPod. Of sorts.

So, my current circumstances: Phone: BB7250. iPod: do I honestly need to tell you? read above.

The BB is a centerpiece in my life. It really helps me stay organized for a person who is incredibly disorganized. The iPod, well, you know... it's a music device, which, according to above text, i'm absolutely giddy for.

However, not all is well with these. The BB is on the worst carrier you could seriously ever imagine. They're horrible. I just switched all of my home services from them to a smaller company. For any canadians here, I am course of talking about TELUS. They're awful. nuff said.

The iPod, of course, is broken.

Anyways, to cut to the chase. iPod and BB: Big and heavy.

For the iPhone: I love the idea of getting one. $199, all in one device, don't need to haul both around, how wonderful. It's great because it's on the only half decent carrier in this very cold country.

The catch is: I'm on a contract. While I can afford to get out of it, it is a bit of a hassle as my carrier doesn't let you port your number if under contract. I think.

I'm kind of stumped as to what to do. There's a new 2G iPod touch, plus my BB, and that's really heavy and big but it's a little easier to purchase.

The iPhone is all in one everything. It's a lot easier to tote around. However, there's that nagging ball and chain, TELUS.

I'd like someone elses insight as to what I should get. Everyone in my house is useless, my mom has no idea what an iPhone is, my dad thinks that all of this stuff is a fad that will be over next week, and my brother simply doesn't give a crap.

Sorry for the long post, I ramble. The other day I even made an Official List of Things that Piss me Off, if the post wasn't proof enough that I ramble.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iRye View Post

So, my iPod touch is totally screwed up. Exactly 4 days out of warranty.

I'm a music freak. I love music. I play music, and I listen to music. I live it. I breathe music... I can't live without it. Drives me nuts without it.

So, what am I to do? I have a little iPod to keep me sane, but it's a backup. I'm gonna need a new iPod. Of sorts.

So, my current circumstances: Phone: BB7250. iPod: do I honestly need to tell you? read above.

The BB is a centerpiece in my life. It really helps me stay organized for a person who is incredibly disorganized. The iPod, well, you know... it's a music device, which, according to above text, i'm absolutely giddy for.

However, not all is well with these. The BB is on the worst carrier you could seriously ever imagine. They're horrible. I just switched all of my home services from them to a smaller company. For any canadians here, I am course of talking about TELUS. They're awful. nuff said.

The iPod, of course, is broken.

Anyways, to cut to the chase. iPod and BB: Big and heavy.

For the iPhone: I love the idea of getting one. $199, all in one device, don't need to haul both around, how wonderful. It's great because it's on the only half decent carrier in this very cold country.

The catch is: I'm on a contract. While I can afford to get out of it, it is a bit of a hassle as my carrier doesn't let you port your number if under contract. I think.

I'm kind of stumped as to what to do. There's a new 2G iPod touch, plus my BB, and that's really heavy and big but it's a little easier to purchase.

The iPhone is all in one everything. It's a lot easier to tote around. However, there's that nagging ball and chain, TELUS.

I'd like someone elses insight as to what I should get. Everyone in my house is useless, my mom has no idea what an iPhone is, my dad thinks that all of this stuff is a fad that will be over next week, and my brother simply doesn't give a crap.

Sorry for the long post, I ramble. The other day I even made an Official List of Things that Piss me Off, if the post wasn't proof enough that I ramble.

You should at least try contacting apple, or if you have a store near you make an appointment for help. I've read in other forums that people have had luck getting a replacementeven when the warranty has recently expired. Worst case is you get a sorry can' help ya nothing gained nothing lost. good luck whichever you choose, and maybe getting as replacement
  • Reply 2 of 4
    iryeirye Posts: 8member
    I did, and they wanted money that was more than a new one to get it fixed.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I think I am going for an iPhone.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I haven't touched my iPod Touch since I've had my iPhones.