Sorry Apple, I cannot wait for you - just bought a Kuro :D

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Should arrive on Wednesday, woot!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Apple:

"Uh, Okay. Since we're not in the TV business and have no plans to ever be in the TV business, enjoy your new product and don't gorget to pick up an TV!"
  • Reply 2 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Apple:

"Uh, Okay. Since we're not in the TV business and have no plans to ever be in the TV business, enjoy your new product and don't gorget to pick up an TV!"

Apple: We don't talk about future plans.

Ireland: Shove your Apple TV, movie or TV Show downloads are not available through iTunes in my country.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I'm loving this TV, happy times.

Though I remain more convinced now than ever however, that Apple should, and will, enter the TV game. I spent about a half an hour trying to figure out how to set up my DVD player through the HDMI port. The remote had a source button, but that wasn't what I need to use. I'm not a manual kind of guy, but I had to consult the manual to do this.

You have to press a button on the remote, physically press a button on the TV a few times until they match up, get this: to activate the HDMI port. WT-Holy Johnson-F. Then you have to set up the HDMI port too. A rigmarole no Mom and Pop would have a hope of figuring out, even after studying with the manual. This was ridiculous.

This it the type thing which needs to be sorted out, Apple sell content and they want the living room? You've guessed it, they will certainly do a TV. Expect a September 2009 event. Not only that, but the software on these TV's is ugly. Apple will step in and clean up the TV space, just like they did in the phone space. I remain convinced. An Apple TV-esque variant of OS X running on a sleek, easy to set-up Apple Television with seamless networking and direct access to the iTunes store? Come on, this is a no brainer. I'd pay a lunatic price for one, and many more would too. They could continue to sell the Apple TV box, so it would be an entry option, and they then could add the high-end Tele to the line up. Plasma please, and thank you. We could be even looking at a Macworld demo, given the amount of attention it would get them, though they'll likely keep this for a "special event". Who knows when, but it's coming.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Ireland, is that the 50 or 60" Kuro?

Have you experieced the great picture quality of the Kuro yet with bluray?

Reading the manual is half the fun of a new toy. Enjoy!