iPhone the Future of Enterprise?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
With the popularity of iPhones in the consumer market and its catering to the enterprise market with a host of new features and security one cannot but wonder if the future of enterprise phones is the iPhone as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

With the popularity of iPhones in the consumer market and its catering to the enterprise market with a host of new features and security one cannot but wonder if the future of enterprise phones is the iPhone as well.

As a mobile professional for a fortune 100 company I can say that while Apple has made some strides this year it is not quite ready for major deployment. What good is the ActiveSync policies when anyone with knowledge of jailbreak can circumvent any policy we want enforced?

Apple needs to address these things to equal what Blackberry provides via BES:

Device management (policy, reporting)

Device encryption (soon to becoming regulation in many states) - presently it's not even possible.

More wireless providers - not everyone wants at&t

Ability to lock down Itunes and AppStore - no company wants to manage and update itunes
  • Reply 2 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileAdmin View Post

As a mobile professional for a fortune 100 company I can say that while Apple has made some strides this year it is not quite ready for major deployment. What good is the ActiveSync policies when anyone with knowledge of jailbreak can circumvent any policy we want enforced?

Apple needs to address these things to equal what Blackberry provides via BES:

Device management (policy, reporting)

Device encryption (soon to becoming regulation in many states) - presently it's not even possible.

More wireless providers - not everyone wants at&t

Ability to lock down Itunes and AppStore - no company wants to manage and update itunes

Apple/feedback/iphone Go for it!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Now it seems like my thread was prophetic indeed.