What is the main purpose of your iPhone?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
1. Computer

2. Phone

3. iPod

I find myself not caring much about the phone, probably because it drops almost all of my calls. That's most likely an AT&T issue where I live though.

I don't use the iPod part of the device, except to listen to podcasts and to watch the occasional tv show. That's good, because I only have an 8GB iPhone.

Mostly I use the computer part of it to be on the Internet, and to use the apps.

(Sorry about misspelling computer on the poll.....)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Man, I use mine nearly 98% to check the net and mail while away from home, check the weather, use Google Earth to show people where I'm from, take photos (panoramas, too), create memos, plan meetings and presentations, you name it. Also use it to review videos I make and to show them to clients, etc.

Occasionally I get a phone call and I'm startled for a second or two 'cause I can't remember what that tone was for.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Man, I use mine nearly 98% to check the net and mail while away from home, check the weather, use Google Earth to show people where I'm from, take photos (panoramas, too), create memos, plan meetings and presentations, you name it. Also use it to review videos I make and to show them to clients, etc.

Occasionally I get a phone call and I'm startled for a second or two 'cause I can't remember what that tone was for.

That sounds exactly like me, except, I use mine at home so much, that I'm thinking of selling my iMac. I really only use it now to get podcasts, which I'm hoping that I can do directly to my iPhone with the next software. I'd still have my new MacBook, just in case......
  • Reply 3 of 6
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    4. Vibrating sex toy
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Computer

iPod

Phone

I only talk on my iPhone around 5 minutes a day.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I use mine for everything. Business is the main purpose. Phone, lots of applications and tons of podcasts. Email, texting, calculator, etc. Don't use my laptop near as much as I used to. Ditched my iPod.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Ultimately, I buy a 'phone 'cos I need a phone! The extra stuff is just great though........... Still have an iPod (80gig), but don't open my laptop as much as I used to.

Philip