command and conquer zero hour problem

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Transferred my programs and data to my new MacBook Pro. However when I try to start Command and Conquer Zero Hour, the program starts to open to the initial screen, then promptly crashes back to the finder. I tried reinstalling the Intel patch for the game, but still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    If you had to enter a serial code for the game and you did a migration, maybe the code links with your machine ID and now you have a different machine, it won't work.

To save reinstalling, try to find out where your registration code file is for the game and remove it. It may be in your preferences folder. Whoever developed the game would probably be able to help you out - they'd tell you where the files go.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

If you had to enter a serial code for the game and you did a migration, maybe the code links with your machine ID and now you have a different machine, it won't work.

To save reinstalling, try to find out where your registration code file is for the game and remove it. It may be in your preferences folder. Whoever developed the game would probably be able to help you out - they'd tell you where the files go.

Don't think it ever has asked for the serial number...It is one of those games you have to have the CD loaded for the game to start. I did try trashing the pref for it in the library, but it didn't help.