Apps to track down a missing/lost iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Was wondering if anyone would be willing to offer recommendations on App Store Apps, or Cydia (jailbroken) Apps, that could be used to help find an iPhone that you've misplaced or lost??

I've just now found my iPhone (about 5 minutes ago) that I've been looking for ever since last night, and I was on the verge of believing that the phone had absolutely fallen off the face of the earth, because I'd searched everywhere imaginable for it without a shred of success. (and yes, I of course tried calling the phone, but I was pretty sure it was on vibrate...and now that I've found it, I can confirm that it was!)

I'd read a review of a Cydia (commercial) app offered by iFoneTec called Cylay, which in all honesty, I found to be an absolute joke of an attempt to make what would otherwise be an indispensable application (it never once worked for me, wound up being un-installable, and inevitably wound up forcing me to restore my phone and start from scratch).

There must be at the very least several other apps (App Store & Cydia) that would have saved me a lot of hassle over the last 24 hours as I searched relentlessly for my iPhone without success...

Ideally, and app that could provide GPS mapping that can be somehow checked from an alternate location (or iPhone) would have done the trick...I've thought about Loopt as a possibility, and then using my Wife's iPhone as a means of finding my iPhone should it ever get lost again in the future (to at the very least let me know if it's in my apartment, or in my Car which is located in the parking garage around the corner, or at my Mom's place, of my wife's Mom's place, etc...)

Anyone else care to offer any thoughts or suggestions that might be worth trying?

Thanks!