Raging Thunder - online multiplayer on the way

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi all,

We just wanted to let you know that we?ve submitted an update (1.0.3) of Raging Thunder to the AppStore which includes <drumroll> online, real-time, Internet multiplayer. I *think* this is a first for an iPhone / iPod Touch title.

We?ve received *a lot* of e-mail from gamers about Raging Thunder - the majority of it very positive. The one feature that people seem to have missed is online multiplayer. Nice guys that we are, we?ve taken these words to heart and included it in the latest update at no extra cost. Remember though that this first release is a public beta. There might be issues still in there, and we?d really appreciate if you report these to [email protected]

So, what are you waiting for? This is what we need you to do:

Download our free PC server software from www.polarbit.com/beta, read the instructions and run it, if you want to host your own game server.

You *do* want to run your own game server don?t you?

Remember: the more people that host servers, the more servers there are for people to choose from, and the more people will hang around looking for someone to play against! For this thing to work, it kinda hinges on you guys actually getting some servers up out there around the globe. It would be really cool to see a fat server list once the game goes live in a few days. We?d also recommend you to include the name of your country or something in your server name ? instructions to configure are enclosed with the server package.

Then, update the game from the AppStore, or buy it if you haven?t yet. Make sure you get the 1.0.3 (or later) version! If it isn't available straight away, don't despair - it's on its way through the system and will appear shortly (usually it takes a couple of days). Internet will not work on the 1.02 or 1.0.1.

Run the game, tap Start / Multiplayer / Internet and pick a server! Starting a new game and gameroom once you?ve logged in to a server works pretty much exactly like it does with local network games.

I hope you?ll all enjoy it, and I look forward to kicking all your asses in MP games real soon (I?ll be the guy in front of you in the black car).

Cheers,

Tommy

Polarbit

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,388moderator
    I know to some people this will look like spam advertising but I think it's good that developers of good software packages come here to post updates. Raging Thunder looks like a pretty cool game.

I've tried the demo in the past and I find the motion controls very difficult to use - the Wii has a similar control scheme for racing games but they probably just take a bit of getting used to. The graphics look pretty good and I saw something about upgrading/customizing cars, which is a nice feature similar to Need For Speed.

Thanks for being a developer who puts some effort into making decent software.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    If this is legit I won't mark it as Spam either - thanks for the head up guys.