Iphone water damage

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So after a "too much fun" kind of night, I placed my jeans on the washer (iphone included!). After a failed attempt to get it replaced at the applestore, (of course, water damage is not covered and heck no I wasn't paying double the price for a new one), I dried it out the best I could and to my surprise it worked perfectly fine, the only thing is that the screen seems to be damaged. The screen has this water spots, all over even after placing it for a day or so with a moisture absorbent and blasting it with a blow dryer. The spots seem to be going away very slowly, are they eventually going to fade away or is it possible that the screen is damaged for good? Any recommendation to get rid of the spots? Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    well, since your warrenty is voided. You can always just take the phone apart (there are several "how to videos" on youtube) and wipe away the water spots.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    a great place that repairs water damaged iPhone www.northbayiphone.com

i am not affiliated with this company... my local apple store recommended them after i dropped my phone in the toilet after a great party
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I was working with a guy one day, and he dropped his iPhone 3G in the pool... it went to the bottom in 4 feet or so of water...

He figured it was already toast, so he took his time and found a kid with a swimsuit to retrieve it for him (we were in street-clothes). So it probably sat on the bottom for 2, maybe 3 minutes.

When he got it up, he dried it off blew all the water out from around the buttons and headphone hole... then pressed one... it was still working! ... He did end up with water under the glass... took a couple weeks for it to completely go away. But he's still using the phone now, 9 months later... never a problem.

Now, certainly, the phones aren't "waterproof", but they seem to be fairly forgiving...

In any case, the water under his glass completely dried up within a couple weeks... can't even tell now.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Dry it. Never warm it with a hairdryer. From what I heard though it sounds silly, put in near dry rice and wait for a few days. ( I'm serious ) . If this does not work, then you have to go to Apple to repair it. Very sorry about what happened to your iPhone, BTW.