Next

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hey all, 1st post!

I've had two G5s over the past 5 or 6 years as well as 2 imacs an ibook and a macbook (that i'm writing on now)

I need to upgrade my main system next year (Music producer/composer) and I will obviously be moving onto a Mac Pro.

What I want to know is.. Should I be waiting for something new or is nothing new due?

Appreciated.

B

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kabb View Post

Hey all, 1st post!

I've had two G5s over the past 5 or 6 years as well as 2 imacs an ibook and a macbook (that i'm writing on now)

I need to upgrade my main system next year (Music producer/composer) and I will obviously be moving onto a Mac Pro.

What I want to know is.. Should I be waiting for something new or is nothing new due?

Appreciated.

B

Wait dude. Macworld 2009 is January 5th....or is it the 6th? Anyways.......WAIT!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Wait dude. Macworld 2009 is January 5th....or is it the 6th? Anyways.......WAIT!

I was just trailing the forums and I realized that early Jan may bring something new! Thanks for the bump.

Prob just iphone updates etc though eh? I will be waiting though.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

I was just trailing the forums and I realized that early Jan may bring something new! Thanks for the bump.

Prob just iphone updates etc though eh? I will be waiting though.

There certainly will be more hardware updates and the Mac Pro is almost certain to get updated along with the iMac and maybe mini.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    The new Mac Pro may not be out by Macworld, but sometime in the first couple of months of 2009. If you can afford to wait, that's great, but if you have to buy the current model it's still going to be a fast machine.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

The new Mac Pro may not be out by Macworld, but sometime in the first couple of months of 2009. If you can afford to wait, that's great, but if you have to buy the current model it's still going to be a fast machine.

Exactly my thoughts. When was the last time Apple updated the Power Mac/Mac Pro in a January Macworld? I cannot remember. For years it was always sometime in February.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Exactly my thoughts. When was the last time Apple updated the Power Mac/Mac Pro in a January Macworld? I cannot remember. For years it was always sometime in February.

When MWNY was still around (as recent as 5 years ago) I remember them releasing the Quicksilver G4. Everyone claims that MW is a 'consumer' event but in reality there are many many professional vendors there and companies send people there to check out the latest technology in the Mac world. I think some people like to cubby hole everything into a specific category because it fits neatly in their understanding of what's going on. WWDC=Pro event, MWSF=consumer event, NAB=Pro event, etc.

I guess, we'll know in a month or so, but my suspicions are that MWSF will have a nice refresh of desktop machines.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    I doubt Apple will announce any new Mac Pros at Macworld unless there is a redesigned case to go with them.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Thanks for all the info guys!! MUCH appreciated!

Hmmm.. Defo gonna wait until they announce new ones. A nice new casing would be nice but like somebody said already.. any recent Mac Pro is gonna blow my old G5 out of the water!

*.*
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Thanks for all the info guys!! MUCH appreciated!

Hmmm.. Defo gonna wait until they announce new ones. A nice new casing would be nice but like somebody said already.. any recent Mac Pro is gonna blow my old G5 out of the water!

*.*

That is true. The new Mac Pros are faster and more expandable.