iPhone not syncing calendar, contacts from MM

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all

I've got the 1st gen iPhone, iMac, MBP, and MobileMe. I've been using MM for about 3 months now with only the occasional glitch, mostly at the beginning. Pushing of data to my iPhone and vice versa has worked well. However, in the last 2-3 weeks I have entered calendar events and contacts into my iMac at work, only to find that they were not pushed to my iPhone. This is particularly frustrating with the calendar as I rely on this info getting to my phone since I am often away from my office and need to know my appointments. Before you ask, yes push is still on, yes I know the data won't sync until my iMac syncs with MM. I'm talking about calendar events not syncing by the next day, with a successful MM sync documented on the iMac, and the new event in the MM calendar.

One clue: I noticed that if I turn off my iPhone and turn it back on, the data will then sync. I'm thinking this problem might have to do with one of the many apps I've been using, or a memory issue that is resolved when I shut down. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Hi Nefro

For what it's worth, I have the same problem with iPhone 3G - it wasnt sycing calendars properly, and after a lot of searching and digging, found a suggestion to delete the ~/Library/Application Data/SyncServices/Local directory - tried this, and now it doesnt sync calenders or contacts to my phone - although they're both synced correctly to me.com - the mind boggles...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    open System Preferences>MobileMe>Sync>Advanced>Reset Sync Data

See if that helps