Android Dead Yet?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Inquiring minds would like to know...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Don't read the news much?

They even have Flash demoed and working for Android (not officially added yet of course)... Alive and well it seems.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post

Don't read the news much?

They even have Flash demoed and working for Android (not officially added yet of course)... Alive and well it seems.

Who needs flash?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    adjeiadjei Posts: 738member
    When Android was released, it would supposed to come and it was this great open source thing and everybody would flock to it, but I sure haven't seen that happen. It has faded into the background, I don't really hear much about it these days.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Who needs flash?

I agree. I think Flash sucks and shouldn't be included in any mobile devices
  • Reply 5 of 8
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    I sure hope Android isn't dead even though I'm not impressed by it at all. (yet)

The idea is great and it is coming from a great company. An optimal computing landscape would involve open platforms. Competition is fostered and consumers are empowered... or at least that's how it works in theory.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

I sure hope Android isn't dead even though I'm not impressed by it at all. (yet)

The idea is great and it is coming from a great company. An optimal computing landscape would involve open platforms. Competition is fostered and consumers are empowered... or at least that's how it works in theory.

I don't want the iphone to be in the position where it has no competitors... but really, I can help but despise every other smartphone for the cheer stupidity of their design, hardware misintegration and difficulty of use.

Google is a great company, but what have they done well besides search engines? Gmail and google maps are great but youtube? Nope wasn't them... the list of crappy and eternally beta appls from google are enormous.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

I agree. I think Flash sucks and shouldn't be included in any mobile devices

I also agree. I dont need nor miss flash at all.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    I predict that in the future, Android won't be used as a phone anymore. When nobody wants it anymore one will be able to buy one for $40 bucks and use it as a carpenter's level, to calculate car acceleration, or just as a baby toy.