The Next iPhone?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey.

I am rather interested in buying a new iPhone in the new year, around Feb/March time.

Just wondering if there's going to be a new iPhone or hang on for a couple of months.

Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Next June or July
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Actually, in the "Future Hardware" section, they said that there may be a new iPhone in a few days, possibly Apple's black friday sale, it said it will have an 8mp camera that also will be able to take vidz, 3G modem, finger scan security, and it will be thinner and availible with more colors, thats wat mac rumors said, but ya
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Really? lol
  • Reply 4 of 15
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    I'd like Apple to build an iPhone with wifi so that you could use the phone on a regular phone plan if you wanted to.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Ok so it's Friday. You see no new iphone! \
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Ok so it's Friday. You see no new iphone! \

I'm intrigued to see what Apple do with the iPhone next as according to Apple it already does exactly what consumers want and will continue to want to do, i.e, there's almost no room for improvement. I will laugh so hard if they do a u-turn and start sticking in a better camera with video recording. It'd just go to prove that there was no reason why it couldn't have been included from the start.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    So are you saying we cannot expect any new gestures or other new features? If there is 1 feature that everyone would like it is for an improved camera. I dont see any harm in Apple doing that.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    voice dialing

front camera video conferencing

BT for keyboard etc BT enhancements

hey that new nokia touch phone that will launch next year has a lot of stuff but old os.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Just a random thought, but what the hell are they going to call the next iPhone? They probably can't call it the 3G again, or any other variation of 3 (since it would be easily confused with the 3G). They won't yet be able to call it the 4G, either, assuming it comes out next year.

For a long time the iPod was just the iPod (and each variation was differentiated by the style of the click-wheel), but it seems like they've reduced the possibility for that same convention by naming the new iPhone the "3G".

I know this isn't exactly an important question, but it makes me wonder.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    3G+

IPhone 4.0

IPhone pro

Iphone 3.1

IPhone yo

IPhone victory

IPhone crush

IPhone classic

IPhone Mesmer

IPhone kill

IPhone v3

IPhone balls
  • Reply 11 of 15
    The 3G iPhone is worthless because it doesn't have firewire ports.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    I was in the Apple store in Wellington NZ a couple of weeks ago and they have recently stopped selling the iPhone - the guy I was talking to said that "unofficially" this suggests that a new iPhone is on it's way, but he wouldn't give more details.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    A flip phone or clam shell iPhone would be cool. Call it the iClam or something.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

I'm intrigued to see what Apple do with the iPhone next as according to Apple it already does exactly what consumers want and will continue to want to do, i.e, there's almost no room for improvement. I will laugh so hard if they do a u-turn and start sticking in a better camera with video recording. It'd just go to prove that there was no reason why it couldn't have been included from the start.

I know! It's just like the Macs that Apple's currently selling that they claim are all awesome and shit, and then later they'll upgrade them and that'll be proof that they're lying now.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post

The 3G iPhone is worthless because it doesn't have firewire ports.

Or a matte screen! Oh noes!