Transfering Mail and Address Book to 10.2

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hey everyone.

Well, I've just finished installing 10.2 on my PowerBook. Very nice upgrade, glad I made the jump. However, I have a couple questions regarding the two programs I mentioned in the title. When I tried to bring my mail from the Library folder into the new 10.2 home library folder, Mail doesn't recognize the subfolders I had under "Inbox." At first I freaked and thought I forgot to copy them, however when I brought that Mail library folder back on to my PowerMac, and set it up in Mail, it recognized everything. Is there a problem with the never version of Mail that doesn't work quite the same way as the old one? What would be the best way of going about getting all of my old mail to the new OS? All I saved was the "Mail" library folder. I hope that was all I needed?

Secondly, I tried the same thing with my address book library folder. Nothing even showed up under the new address book. Again, what would be the best was to get all my addresses into the new address book? Again, I also only saved the "Addresses" Library Folder. Hopefully these are all I need.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Address Book had files in "user/library/addresses" and ALSO in "user/library/application support"

my condolences, but you may be missing needed files to make it work .... i just let X.2 do an upgrade install and it kept everything intact.

I don't know of any other files for Mail, but i can't be sure...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Thanks anyway, but I figured out what I needed to do. I drug each individual address "card" to the desktop. Then imported them into the new Address Book.

I did the same thing for mail. I drug each individual mailbox to the desktop. Then put those mailboxes into the library "Mail" folder. All is well and Mac OS 10.2 is awesome!