Apple vs Mac Clone

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Been following the Apple vs Pystar law suit? Every time there is news I am surprised at the negativity of bias brand snobs that are unable to see Apple are not serving their market as well as they should and more competition is coming. This may also change as many more people in this depressed market will not be able to afford to buy a Mac.

My background could also be described as bias as I sold the worlds first G3 before Apple developed their own. Before Steve Jobs came back Apple hardware was being pushed by healthy competition and the fastest machines were not made by Apple.

That said the Next OS that Steve brought back with him and the change over to Intel processors has puts Apple in the strong position.

Apple share holders should be very disappointed that Apple are not taking advantage of the GAPS in their range and missing out on licensing fees plus making more money from the new to be released Snow Leopard. Apples market has hyper inflated but can they afford to expand their range or let unlicensed clone makers take advantage of Apples new found popularity. All the negative users on the forum under estimate the power of releasing a new OS every 18 months. The stock market and business market have sat up every time Apple has made a release in the last 3 years.

Here is a typical desktop wish list (laptops not included).

Mac Mini > Mac Mini Pro > iMac > Business Mac > Mac TowerPro > Business Server -> XServe

Spec of new Machines

Mac Mini Pro = Dual Graphics card 512mb, up to 4GB Ram, slight ghz upgrade

Business Mac = Similar to Pystar

Business Server = 1U Rackmount Server, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 3MB L2 Cache, Intel 3200 MCH, FSB 1333MHz, 2GB PC-64000, Int. VGA, SATAII 300 RAID under $800US

What really gets my goat up is the extraordinary cost to the user for additional warranties and costs of replacement parts. If you purchase the same Intel CPU off the shelf you get a 3 year warranty. I am surprised no one has challenged them legally over this. Most Apple motherboards are over $650us and are made in the same factories as Gigabyte or Asus but if you buy one of theirs your will be lucky to pay $200-300 for a top board that comes with a 3 year warranty.

What comes on your machine from an Apple store??? Have to laugh here because I went to an Apple store and found that Mac on display have a number of software additions added that are not included in the box. I f you buy a AMc from an Apple store make sure you know about the following software Flip4mac, Perian, Real and others like Neo office.

p.s. Like this thread too Reasons to Buy a Mac: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=92663

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Underbelly View Post

Been following the Apple vs Pystar law suit? Every time there is news I am surprised at the negativity of bias brand snobs that are unable to see Apple are not serving their market as well as they should and more competition is coming. This may also change as many more people in this depressed market will not be able to afford to buy a Mac.

My background could also be described as bias as I sold the worlds first G3 before Apple developed their own. Before Steve Jobs came back Apple hardware was being pushed by healthy competition and the fastest machines were not made by Apple.

That said the Next OS that Steve brought back with him and the change over to Intel processors has puts Apple in the strong position.

Apple share holders should be very disappointed that Apple are not taking advantage of the GAPS in their range and missing out on licensing fees plus making more money from the new to be released Snow Leopard. Apples market has hyper inflated but can they afford to expand their range or let unlicensed clone makers take advantage of Apples new found popularity. All the negative users on the forum under estimate the power of releasing a new OS every 18 months. The stock market and business market have sat up every time Apple has made a release in the last 3 years.

Here is a typical desktop wish list (laptops not included).

Mac Mini > Mac Mini Pro > iMac > Business Mac > Mac TowerPro > Business Server -> XServe

Spec of new Machines

Mac Mini Pro = Dual Graphics card 512mb, up to 4GB Ram, slight ghz upgrade

Business Mac = Similar to Pystar

Business Server = 1U Rackmount Server, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 3MB L2 Cache, Intel 3200 MCH, FSB 1333MHz, 2GB PC-64000, Int. VGA, SATAII 300 RAID under $800US

A mini pro does not need the dual video card system that the mac book pro has just put a real card and no on board video then.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

A mini pro does not need the dual video card system that the mac book pro has just put a real card and no on board video then.

The reason for a dual video out for a Mac Mini is for Media Centre or even gaming use. The first DVI connection is to connect your Big TV the second is to a 7" touch screen (for audio hifi) or to a video transmitter (sends VGA over standard ethernet 60+ meters).
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Underbelly View Post

The reason for a dual video out for a Mac Mini is for Media Centre or even gaming use. The first DVI connection is to connect your Big TV the second is to a 7" touch screen (for audio hifi) or to a video transmitter (sends VGA over standard ethernet 60+ meters).

1 video card can do 2 DVI / display port outputs.