Magnetic Interference??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Look at the photo that illustrates the speaker grill on the bottom of the display -- the wallpaper image has strange curved lines that look eerily similar to magnetic interference that could be caused by the magnets in the speakers. I emailed AI about this yesterday, but did not get a response - hoping to get clarification without creating unnecessary FUD, so I ask here in the open. What are those curved lines? Are they part of the image, or are they a flaw in the monitor? Also, how do you insert an image in a post here aside from using a URL????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

Look at the photo that illustrates the speaker grill on the bottom of the display -- the wallpaper image has strange curved lines that look eerily similar to magnetic interference that could be caused by the magnets in the speakers. I emailed AI about this yesterday, but did not get a response - hoping to get clarification without creating unnecessary FUD, so I ask here in the open. What are those curved lines? Are they part of the image, or are they a flaw in the monitor? Also, how do you insert an image in a post here aside from using a URL????

This picture?

That's a sort of interference pattern that occurs when you take a digital photo of an LCD.

Here is the background. Put it on your monitor and take a photo, in good natural light, at a similar angle. You should see something similar.

Here, I've done it for you:

For the record, my monitor is an LG with a P-MVA panel and my camera is an old P&S. Different camera, different screen, different lighting, so it looks a little different. But it illustrates the same thing.