Indiana University gets fe softwre deal with Adobe!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am so freekin happy to be an IU student right now! FREE CS4 for all students as part of the new IU and adobe campus agreement, they are saying that it is a one of a kind deal that they did, basically mirroring the deal for MS office,

Long and short, yesterday, I woulda had to pay like $700 for a student version of Production suit, tonight, I download it for free! (by the way, I wouldnt have bought anyhow, but if I get addicted, I jut may buy CS5)

IU claims that is it the first deal of its kind: Is this truly unique? I never heard of anything this good before and it sure doesn't seem to be available at the other major in state univs that I looked at today.

info from iu

Quote:

A host of Adobe software is now available at no additional cost to IU students, faculty, staff, and departments. Indiana University has entered into a groundbreaking software agreement with Adobe: the Adobe Education Enterprise License Agreement (Adobe EELA) — the first such agreement between Adobe and any university. As a pilot higher-education agreement for Adobe, this enterprise-wide agreement makes a wide range of Adobe software available to the IU community at no cost on IUware Online:

Fun Fact, IUWARE has been down all day...shocking, I know!

Note to mods: please change "fe" in subject to read "free"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Rumours of CS4 not selling well have clearly not been exaggerated. I mean, if they're starting to give it away...