Address book : problem

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
When I click on the picture icon in the address book, how am I able to take OFF a picture associated with a contact?

I'm unable to do this?

the only work around I can think of is a transparent .gif......

thanks?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    drag & drop to the trash ?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    i can't because when I click on the picture, the menu pops up to replace it with another picture......

:-X
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Go to the Card menu and choose Clear Custom Image.

Note: if you have an image set through your mac.com webmail preferences, your own icon will revert to that if you clear the custom one. To rid yourself of *that* icon, you have to remove it from your e-mail prefs.

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 8
    i can't believe that was right in front of my face

hahha...

thanks! !!!!!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Glad it worked.

I guess I didn't need to edit that message after all.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    now only if you can get apple to get mail to show the contact pictures when receiving emails

thanks again...!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    There is a temp. fix to get Contact pictures to show up in the Mail app. It's kind of a pain, but if you like it (and don't have that many contacts with photos) try this:

In your Library folder create a folder called 'Images' and in that folder create another folder called 'People'. Now in your People folder put a copy of each person's photo that you want to appear in his/her mail message, and name each photo with the person's email address and the extension ".tiff" (NOT ".tif"), for example '[email protected]'.

I'm pretty sure this works but its kind of a pain. I'd just wait 'til Apple fixes the problem.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    thanks for the tip michael!

errrr, with all my contacts, i guess it's better to wait

hopefully this will be fixed soon