I can't remember Apple releasing...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
...such an unreliable product in recent years?

Between solders on the graphics chipset, external displays not waking, graphics corruptions and problems with RAM, the MBP's starting to look like a bit of a lemon.

There hardly seems to be a week goes by without another issue - complete with its own forums and video posts - appearing on tinternet.

But hey, the MBP has got corner to corner glass, right? So I guess everything is Hunkydory!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Actually, now I come to think of it...

Their Cinema Displays had iffy quality control for a while.

The Air had some issues with overheating until they underclocked it.

And MobileMe was the very definition of a 'clusterfuck'.

So I guess the new notebooks are pretty much par for the course these days.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

...such an unreliable product in recent years?

Between solders on the graphics chipset, external displays not waking, graphics corruptions and problems with RAM, the MBP's starting to look like a bit of a lemon.

There hardly seems to be a week goes by without another issue - complete with its own forums and video posts - appearing on tinternet.

But hey, the MBP has got corner to corner glass, right? So I guess everything is Hunkydory!

I'm sure there are flaky bits everywhere with all hardware, even in high end MacPros - but I'd say that is why you buy Apple Care. I saved $650 with a system board replacement when my eMac crapped out with bad capacitors, I'll never buy a Mac without Apple Care again, ever.