Networking with XP ?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is there anyway to network with Windows XP without having to create a different user account on your mac for the other person to have access?

Is there anyway to share certain folders & not others?

I haven't really found much info. on windows networking, even though it's suppose to be "simplier" in jaguar.........

???? thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    go to the "sharing" preferences, and enable "Windows File Sharing".

then go to the "Accounts" preferences, click onto yourself and then click onto "Edit User". Authenticate yourself, then enable "Allow user to log in from Windows".

voilÃ*
  • Reply 2 of 3
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    would someone else be able to log onto my system w/out a login/pass?

what directories are they able to access on my system?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by badtz:

<strong>would someone else be able to log onto my system w/out a login/pass?</strong><hr></blockquote>

no.

[quote]Originally posted by badtz:

<strong>what directories are they able to access on my system?</strong><hr></blockquote>

if they don't have access, what can they do?

and btw. I figured that [quote] go to the "sharing" preferences, and enable "Windows File Sharing".

then go to the "Accounts" preferences, click onto yourself and then click onto "Edit User". Authenticate yourself, then enable "Allow user to log in from Windows".

<hr></blockquote>

out by myself in 1 minutes after reading your post. I would appreciate it if you would do a little more research...thanks. :cool: