Connect MBP to HDTV problem

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm trying to connect my MBP to an HDTV with a dvi/hdmi cable. When I plug it in, all I can see on my my HDTV is my MBP wallpaper. Another poster on another forum with the same problem said to mirror the displays, is this correct? And how do I do this, my display options (in the system settings) only has two tabs: display, and color. No arrangements tab. Does my MBP have to be connected to the TV to have an arrangements option? Please help, thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbqtofu View Post

I'm trying to connect my MBP to an HDTV with a dvi/hdmi cable. When I plug it in, all I can see on my my HDTV is my MBP wallpaper. Another poster on another forum with the same problem said to mirror the displays, is this correct? And how do I do this, my display options (in the system settings) only has two tabs: display, and color. No arrangements tab. Does my MBP have to be connected to the TV to have an arrangements option? Please help, thanks.

Yes.

Oh, your HDTV will behave as a second monitor. So you may want to use it as a second monitor instead of as a mirror.