Firefox 3 Freezes and other problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have used the search function, couldn't find a solution specific to my problem. Whenever I start firefox 3...it freezes. I am using OS X Leopard, and I have tried re-downloading Firefox. However, the same problem happens. It opens, bounces on dock, then goes away and come back, frozen.

Also, this may be related or another issue, but now my hot corners aren't working. Anyone know why this or the firefox problem is happening? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Also, if I wait long enough, I think the application will start. But it takes a minute for it to unfreeze.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Probably damaged preferences files, or some extension that's causing problems.

Try moving the ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox folder to the desktop and see if it will launch.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Well...its working now.. I just restarted my computer. If the problem happens again, I'll try what you recommended. Thanks!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sarenaxsarenax Posts: 1member
    Are there any ways Firefox can incorporate Google Chrome into its web browser? Firefox has a tab called IE tab, that can allow you to view pages in IE format. Should Firefox do the same for Google Chrome? What ideas do you have?