Wallpaper Problem

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have a South Park wallpaper on my phone which cannot be removed, has anyone come across this and how is it removed

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by niallbrozz View Post


    I have a South Park wallpaper on my phone which cannot be removed, has anyone come across this and how is it removed



    if you're talking about removing it as your wallpaper, that's just settings>wallpaper.. if you want it off the phone completely, go into camera, then touch the little icon on the bottom left, which takes you to your camera roll... select the picture and hit the trash icon on the bottom right.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foodmetaphors View Post


    if you're talking about removing it as your wallpaper, that's just settings>wallpaper.. if you want it off the phone completely, go into camera, then touch the little icon on the bottom left, which takes you to your camera roll... select the picture and hit the trash icon on the bottom right.



    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply, the image is not in my wallpaper, photos or camera. It seems to be a virus, just wondering if anyone has seen this as I cannot seem to locate the file anywhere on the phone. If there are any more suggestions, I would be grateful.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I have looked into this further, I can set a photo as a new wallpaper and it shows that the photo is being set as new wallpaper, however, when I press the sleep button, it still shows me the same image every time. The image which is South Park characters with Windows Vista logo. I do not know if there is anything I can do with this. I have reset all factory settings but this has not worked either. This photo is definitely not in my any of my camera roll or photo files. Any help would be great
  • Reply 4 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by niallbrozz View Post


    I have a South Park wallpaper on my phone which cannot be removed, has anyone come across this and how is it removed



    Yes, South Park is a virus.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Yes, South Park is a virus.



    Any idea on how to remove this virus
  • Reply 6 of 8
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,990member
    Restore your iPhone via iTunes.



    This will lock it again.



    The virus only affects unlocked iPhones.



    The choice is yours.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post


    Restore your iPhone via iTunes.



    This will lock it again.



    The virus only affects unlocked iPhones.



    The choice is yours.



    If I restore the phone, will this eliminate the virus permanently, or will it come back once the phone is unlocked
  • Reply 8 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by niallbrozz View Post


    Any idea on how to remove this virus



    You have to say BettleJuice three times.







    P.S. I was joking, there are no known viruses for the platform. You should just reset the touch, by holding down "home" and "sleep/wake" together for 12 seconds.
Sign In or Register to comment.