Script to move .MOV videos off Canon EOS_Digital CF card on mount?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I use Adobe Lightroom as an integral part of my digital photography workflow, and I recently acquired a Canon EOS 5D Mark-II digital camera, which is capable of capturing 1920x1080 HD video.

The problem I am having is that Lightroom does not provide support for importing video, so every time I insert my compact flash card containing images and video captured using the 5D MKII, I am notified of videos on the card that cannot be transferred into my Lightroom database...I then have to click OK to dismiss this notification message, then I have to manually browse the card to find the movies and copy them to my computer manually...

While this might not seem like that big of an issue, I've become accustomed to this process being a completely automated, so to go back to having to perform a number of steps manually seems a bit too much like backtracking to me, so I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me automate this process via AppleScript...
? Ideally, a script that could be executed on my "EOS_Digital" volume (my CF card's name, which will always remain the same), and will scour the contents of that volume for .MOV files, and upon finding such files, it would copy them all to my ~/Movies/ directory before then removing (deleting) them from the card completely...

? The CF card will also contain .THM files that correspond to the .MOV files to provide thumbnails of the .MOV files for Windows users...I would ideally like to have these moved along with the .MOV files to the ~/Movies/ directory (or trashed completely), because Lightroom give me a notification warning that they cannot be imported into the image database

? I would trigger the script via QuickSilver (or FastScripts, QuicKeys, etc), which I could do manually after inserting my CF card...
I know it's a long shot that someone would be willing to help me out with this task, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!